Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Entertainment and Conversation at the Super Bowl

Conversation
A good crowd here today.
The woman next to me says I never
date a man who doesn't drink
isn't over 5'10
and didn't go to college.
Men in neutral ties talk silently about the game
there is only the buzz and clinking of barware.
What dating site?
Raiders suck this is a sausage fest.

I know you! Brady's drums, right!
One of the many misguided attempts to be a musician
brought me into this mans orbit. We talk about
music. Genesis, mostly. The Lamb Lies Down
while the game goes on not watched.

Commercial Break
The crowd groans at the stereotypes
kissing each other. Good for both of them
everyone convinced that she, being considered
exceptionally beautiful must be an exceptional
kisser. And he, being considered exceptionally
nerdy must not be. We know he can kiss better
than the chiseled because Hollywood tells us so:
All jocks think about is sports
All nerds think about is sex.

If I was single I could not begin
to know how to start a conversation.
The ladies lecherously size up the package
contained by Calvin Klein.
The men call them gay I laugh and say
"I wouldn't kick him out of bed."
And the ladies laugh and agree
while Paul gets angry at me.

Movies and movies and cream in the jeans
Iron Man is on the scene. Is there an 80s cartoon
not made into a movie? We got GI Joe and Transformers.
We got two White Houses blowing up.
We got retro chic for a time I remember
that makes me feel sick.

Entertainment
Alicia's anthem was too long or was too loungey
or just right.
Calling her lovely belittles the incandesence.
And on the TV a titillating train wreck of a dance starts.
And she is beautiful and sparkling and majestic and everything
an idol who also sings.
I love the fishnets and those thighs.
Is there a game on?
Does it even matter?




No comments:

Post a Comment