Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Some Person

I just spent twenty minutes talking to
a man who cried about his stepfather.
He cried about his daughter moving away
and I told him he could change himself,
that he could move from crying in bars,
crying in front of strangers who don't care.
The second time a drunk has told me I
speak from the heart, it's in my eyes he says.
The second time I replied thank you, sir.
Which is all I can say.

That man's soul is damaged by the past
That man's soul is damaged by the dollar
That man's soul is damaged by a story.
He's more a story around a person
than a person who has a story.
He doesn't hold his story he soaks
himself in it daily.
Eddie says no pleases no thank yous he
just comes in every day to get smashed.
Eddie says a piece of shit whose hand I shook.


No comments:

Post a Comment